Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Twittering away?

I've been a Twitteree since June.

I remember to log on once a month or so.  Lately maybe once a week.   I remember back when I lived in good ole Africa.  We had no TV at my house most of the time I was growing up.  I know almost nothing of jingles and 90210 and Twin Peaks.  I barely listend to the radio and when I did it was to Alanis Morrisette or some symphony orchestra.  I read a lot!  I loved to read.  I would lock myself in the study to just spend hours reading.  I never liked the classics.  Mostly cutesy stuff like Anne of Green Gables and Enid Blyton.  Sometimes romance novels and I'd only read the steamy parts of the Mills and Boon romance.  I was always stimulated.  I studied a lot until I was 16.  I don't recall ever being bored.  I remember I spent 4.5 hours walking one day just to walk to and from a friend's house to give her a birthday present.  I loved going to the movies and it was such a treat...

Now.  Facebook, Twitter, Google and my present self employed status and lack of discipline are uncool.  UNCOOL.

2009 will be different my friends.  I will devote more time to blogger and hotmail and gmail.  I will discard my twitter and facebook time.  Hello blogger.

However I am greatful for Tynan's blog.  

No comments: