Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hello Healthy Habits! What I do when I'm blue...

It dawned on me yesterday that the person I was a year ago and the person I am now are different. I have grown immensely. In particular I want to take time to be thankful for this new development in myself. It has been gradually happening over time, but now I can honestly say the following:
I have healthy ways for dealing with adversity!!!
In the past my strategies have been the following:
-Redbull
-Cotton Candy
-McDonalds
-Burger King
-Bagel with cream cheese
-Alcohol
-Associating with riff raff folks
Now, my strategies lately (for when I feel blue) that grow stronger with each day are:
-YogaZone exercise
-Cooking
-Taking a walk
-listening to music
-dancing in my room
-reflective solitude
-reading / listening to/ watching inspirational messages
-Positive visualizations
-writing to my best friend
This post is my way of giving thanks for some new lifetime habits that have taken a long time to cultivate but that will be with me forever.
Meanwhile - I started to think about this beautiful poem I wrote about the blues last spring. I am working on the version of my present wintery blues and one day I will perform and share it on stage...Thank you universe!

No comments: