Saturday, July 4, 2009

summer 2009 in Toronto!

My first Canadian summer!

The garbage collectors & other city workers are on strike in Toronto & have been for over a week now.

Pretty crazy, huh?

The city is kinda of smelly. Sometimes it seems to me that TO's subway & streetcars are dirtier than NYC. In NYC they cleaned the subway every single day. In Toronto - every few weeks it seems they decide to make a measly cleaning attempt.

Definitely just my skewed opinion.

Toronto is ok. However, when I give birth to my baby (not yet conceived - I'm a virgin & I'm still looking for diaper $$ & a father), I want the little baby to be born in an obscure village in the French speaking part of Canada. Preferably a village with a long name whose meaning I don't even know.

nuff said.

this post is random.

On more personal notes...June was good. July is off to a somewhat rocky start. I'm working on a project that requires me to really step out of my comfort zone. I close my eyes & I remember my WSC family & how much they love me & always encouraged me. How Jeanne always supported me 300% - ALL THE TIME. I need sooo much support in order to see this project through and presently I feel that I don't have it. I am trying to give myself the support, but so far it's not enough & I keep stalling and postponing. Divine intervention is needed. If I don't see this through by the end of July, then I will have to postpone it for another time when the conditions are better for ripening.

Otherwise. what else.

Trying to stay aware of my intuition and leaving the ego behind. That one is a life long challenge. My ego is always ready to beat the crap out of anyone who wants to say crap or is annoying. Meanwhile my intuition is whispering to me to focus on other beautiful things.

Here is an excellent clarifier for intuition vs ego: CLICK HERE

I need some fun & challenges. just a change of some sort. maybe just Baileys and a sidekick. I really miss being a sidekick.

Bart Simpson where are you?

better yet

the days of super B in NYC...

2 comments:

Shazza said...

good luck on the project, i am cheering you up all the way from from africa:) sometimes all we have is ourselves, and at times that will have to be enough...it seems like one of these times for you...
xxxx

africannewyorkerintoronto said...

Thanks sis. Your encouragement & support means a lot :) hope you had a lovely b'day!