Friday, July 10, 2009

embracing the present...

As of today, I am looking for a job. (once again) hooray!
A few epiphanies snapped me back to reality.

I am fixing up my resume once again and job hunting in Toronto. I just sent out a few resumes. And no sketchy job searches. No worries there.

To be honest I gave up the job hunt after April. It took me a long time to forgive myself for not getting offered my dream job after four interviews. I hope that one day I can fully let it go and see the beauty of the situation. I am done with the "woe is me, boo hoo hoo crap". Plain negative stuff.

Anyway, aside from sending out resumes, I am exploring some new business ideas. I'm well aware of the areas I need to grow.

I have a breakthrough where workshops are concerned. The owner of this really cool art-shop is willing to have me host one of my workshops in the store. It is up to me to make the rest of this happen.


maybe a haircut is in order...

3 comments:

NYC Educator said...

A haircut, huh? I hope they have the good sense to hire you.

Actually, I already have a job, and I still need a haircut. Sometimes you can't win.

africannewyorkerintoronto said...

NYCEd: happy summer!!! good to hear from you :)

Shazza said...

ingigood luck with the jo hunt, i know the feeling beating yourself up when u don't get that one job, i packed my bags back to my home country back in February once i wiped up my tears:) and I and handing in my resignation, or rather refusing to renew my contract here