Thursday, April 9, 2009

M-A-C makeup & unemployment!!!

Today was the last day at my job! I am so proud of myself for the 4 weeks I spent there. I learned SOO much & kept my integrity throughout. I left on a good note with everyone.

My co-worker Matt was so awesome. He really understood me even though I have barely spoken to him. He gave me such a firm handshake. To me that means the world. He said "you will know where you fit, when you get there".

It reminds me of my co-worker Paul from WSC in NYC. When I left my job last year, Paul said something like "enjoy the world & don't stop until you find your home...."

Honestly I'm realizing more and more that the home I seek is just me. These next few weeks it's just me. Reading, sleeping, running, writing, walking. The next step? Setting some concrete goals. Spending some time writing my business plan. Just being me. Being open to new opportunities...

I've been missing Super B, H & all your folks in the US of A.

Does the universe have perfect timing, or is the universe always fucking up with the timing of things?

Easter! Time for rebirth! Drastic & wonderful changes ahead!

2 comments:

Shazza said...

"enjoy the world & don't stop until you find your home...." that speaks volume.

you have soo much momentum... i cAN't deem to excercise, read, write when i am in between jobs, i go through a minor deppresion mode.

Sis i admire, keep going on

africannewyorkerintoronto said...

Thanks sis!

Trying hard to fight the negativity that stems from the "in-between" jobs phase.

Your encouragement means a lot.
Hope you're thriving with your writing & adventures!