Monday, September 8, 2008

Answers to the poll! More updates...

The following are Canadian inventions: Basketball, Pictionary & the Telephone.

Can you believe they have a phone company here named Bell after Alexander Graham Bell? How cheesy is that? As cheesy as Chiitos I say. Gross.

Toronto, abbreviated TO has other redeeming qualities that I'm learning to discover....

Almost every other block has a payphone. I have yet to find a nonworking one. Efficiency & public service hooray!

I haven't seen any hobos or beggars on the subway. Good social assistance programs.

Downside: They tax you for EVERYTHING....When I buy something I automatically add a few extra dollars to the listed price because that's ultimately the real price...I never did quite understand why the price isn't listed inclusive of the tax.

I did mean to write a post about pizza, but I don't think I'll be doing much pizza eating. Meanwhile- gotta live through this week. Been here almost a month. Gotta just become & embrace the term Torontonian.

I hereby renounce my New Yorker ways & learn some manners & cleanliness!!

2 comments:

Coolbabe said...

wow.. seems like u r settling in well there... even i could do with good public services... now i understand why all American's rave about Canada's health system... it ought to be that good, if the 'jack-tax' you (i just made that word up). the money has to go to some good use then.

i admire you for all the moves, u can just pack up and start afresh in a new city.. wow

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! you definitely are quite the traveller too:) I miss NYC intensely though:(