Sunday, February 8, 2009

Understanding holistic living...

In the fall I was priveleged enough to experience a few months of the best health ever. I felt wonderful about everything I ate, I sat down to eat slowly and cooked three times a day and exercised a occasionally and felt so positive and great about everything. I discovered how to eat so that I feel wonderful for the first time in my life!

Sadly, sometimes that perfect lifestyle isn't quite so feasible. It's interesting how changing even one little thing in your life or compromising can have negative effects. For example during these past two weeks I've drank 25% of the amount of water that my body is used to and I can assure you that it's probably the reason my mood has tanked. Dehydration. Of course I don't feel dehydrated, but clearly my body needs more water than I've been giving it. Lately I rarely sit down and eat and I made some changes to my food that are not geling well with my body. I feel gassy sometimes and I haven't felt this way until I switched my eating recently so I know that something isn't agreeing with me.

The beautiful thing is that I know exactly what I need to do in order to get my body and life back to the state it thrives best in. So I'm getting there...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow three times a day u said, once a week is average for me.

good for u sis...much respect:)

africannewyorkerintoronto said...

I guess it's a journey...I'm bringing the cooking down to once a day and making that one time lots of fun:)

El Sebarino said...

Hey - just lettin you kmow im still here hnk h.e.b. looking forward to ap first and congrats on saving your time for otgher things

africannewyorkerintoronto said...

Thanks for your support lzybyllywy. happy spring ;)

DA said...

feeling a bit full of air myself lately